How long does Moscullum Contagiosum live in or on a surface/object?
About two years ago my boyfriend at the time and I had Moscullum Contagiosum.  After a night of bar hopping we came home and he wet the bed.  Obviously we cleaned up the mattress but I was wondering if the virus was still living in or on the mattress. My current boyfriend of a over a year has never had any problems and we live together and sleep on the mattress.  The reason I ask is at some point we might get a bigger mattress and use this one as a guest bedroom mattress, but I feel weird about it and wonder if someone else could catch MC just from sleeping there.  I had forgotten the whole thing happened until recently some guests came over and we were going to give up our room since we don't have a guest bedroom yet, but they slept on an air mattress instead. Should I be concerned with this?  Mattresses are expensive and this one is still in pretty good shape but I will obviously replace if it could pass on the virus?  

i would not take that chance that some child might get throug your old mattress because i am told that is really hard and scary on children they can play with their friends get a new mattress