How to Heal Cut on Face Fast

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

How to Heal Cut on Face Fast

I used an epilator for the first time yesterday to remove the hair above my upper lip. Unfortunately, I think I pressed a little too hard because I now have a large sore below my nose that doesn't quite look like a cut. It's almost as if a small patch of skin is no longer there.

I'm in a wedding in one week, and I really need this to heal. How can I speed along the healing process?

For this fresh cut on the face, it is important to prevent any infection. Apply topical antiseptics and keep the area clean. You can also apply topical antibiotics like Bactroban or Neosporin. Also take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription. If you notice any redness, warmth or pain then it means the cut is infected and needs to be seen by a doctor right away.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.