How to get diagnosed for Dercum's Disease?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Years ago I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia when rheumatoid arthritis and Lupus was ruled out. I do have other autoimmune disorders like vitiligo, hypothyroidism. Prior to being diagnosed I felt painful lumps in different areas of the body. My ribs are the most tender. Shower water causes pain. Light tough felts like your stabbing me. I have lipomas on my deltoids, groin, hips, upper thighs, and have started feeling some lumps around the lower back near my kidneys. Each lipoma is very painful. When I do any moderate physical activity, even raking leaves, it takes my muscles days to recooperate from all the stiffness and pain. My MD just says I need to build up my activity tolerance and blames it on fibromyalgia. I also have the text book signs of morning stiffness, obesity especially around my trunk and abdomen. I swear I look pregnant from a side view. Too me, I look abnormally fat around the upper abdomen. I had gained weight after I quit smoking 5 years ago, but I can't lose the near 35 lbs I put on. I once gained 10 lbs in one month, but it was blamed on my hypothyroidism being out of whack. So were do I go to see if these is always what I believe to have? And I might add that my brother is loaded with lipomas, very large and noticeable especially on his upper extremities. He too says because of location, they cause great discomfort.
Tags: DERCUM
The family history of lipomas in the family,the obesity, the pain factor, the costochondritis, depression, the morning stiffness and tendency to fatigue easily all point towards Dercum disease (adiposis dolorosa). Diagnosis is never easy here.Pregabalin may help for pain if traditional analgesics do not help.

Liposuction is another of treatment advised in some cases
.
My good wishes to you and compliment you for your excellent work elsewhere in Medhelp.