Dermatology Community
How to get diagnosed for Dercum's Disease?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How to get diagnosed for Dercum's Disease?

Years ago I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia when rheumatoid arthritis and Lupus was ruled out. I do have other autoimmune disorders like vitiligo, hypothyroidism. Prior to being diagnosed I felt painful lumps in different areas of the body. My ribs are the most tender. Shower water causes pain. Light tough felts like your stabbing me. I have lipomas on my deltoids, groin, hips, upper thighs, and have started feeling some lumps around the lower back near my kidneys. Each lipoma is very painful. When I do any moderate physical activity, even raking leaves, it takes my muscles days to recooperate from all the stiffness and pain. My MD just says I need to build up my activity tolerance and blames it on fibromyalgia. I also have the text book signs of morning stiffness, obesity especially around my trunk and abdomen. I swear I look pregnant from a side view. Too me, I look abnormally fat around the upper abdomen. I had gained weight after I quit smoking 5 years ago, but I can't lose the near 35 lbs I put on. I once gained 10 lbs in one month, but it was blamed on my hypothyroidism being out of whack. So were do I go to see if these is always what I believe to have? And I might add that my brother is loaded with lipomas, very large and noticeable especially on his upper extremities. He too says because of location, they cause great discomfort.
Tags: DERCUM