How to get rid of ringworm
hello im 14 years old and i have ringworm on my face and on my left ear but it wont go away ive tried everything like otminents and creams,medicines and ive went to a dermatologist but no help so whats next im ready to get rid of these ive had it for about 2 years oh and i have ringworm on my head like multiple bald spots about 5 spots and starting to get embrassing so is it permanent or can i get rid of it before next year please any information you have will help
Hello!
Ringworm is a fungal infection and it's not permanent -but it is contagious and easy to spread from spot to spot. Try the antifungal ointment again -something like 2% miconozole or Lotrimin. When you apply it, make sure it covers the entire spot and 1" past it's edges. Do this solid for 2 weeks, twice a day and then for another week after that. Make sure you wash your hands after you touch the infected areas -you are probably recontaminating yourself. Also, if you wear a hat, wear one that is washable, and spray the area where it touches your head with an antifungal spray. If you can, resist wearing a hat..Boil all hair brushes or combs and don't share. Change your pillow case at least every two days...I know this is a lot, but it is worth it!!!
If there is any chance this is scabies, it is an entirely different treatment...Good luck! ~MM
Hi. I have a 10yr old daughter who got ringworm. This is what I did for her. I washed the area three times a day.Then I put Tinactin on it. U can get it over the counter. Its an antifungal cream for athletes foot. I know it sounds strange putting something for a foot fungal on your face and head. But if u do this for seven to fourteen days u will see that it works. My daughter no longer has ringworm. Any Antifungal cream should work. Ringworm is a fungal infection.
Ringworm is a fungal skin infection that occurs on the face, body or scalp. The symptoms of Ringworm or Tinea Capitis include a dry itchy scalp, scaling, crusting, inflamed nodules, hair loss and tender enlarged lymph nodes on the neck.

Treatment includes washing the scalp with shampoo with selenium sulfide (2.5%) or zinc pyrithione (1-2%) used 2-3 times weekly at home. Oral steroids, Griseofulvin and oral antifungals may also be required. I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.