How to know if melanocytes remain
I scraped my nose about 3 months ago, and as a result of the injury the spot on my skin lost color and I haven't really seen any improvement after the first month. I'm getting really nervous that it's no longer healing. I have brown skin, and the spot the injury happened at is a pinkish reddish color, if i rub my nose it gets really red. How do I know whether this is a scar or its still healing? What can i do to make the skin brown again? It's not a deep scrape at all, the skin isn't indented and it wasn't a severe scrape. However it's taking forever to even make progress let alone go away.  Please help, I really need it.
What you are having is called post inflammatory hypopigmentation. The symptoms that you are having can be due to post inflammatory hypopigmentation. Although this type of skin problem is very difficult to treat, but you can try Elidel cream or Protropic ointment on these hypopigmented areas. But use them after a dermatologist’s guidance. If the symptoms still persist then you can talk to your dermatologist about laser-assisted chemabrasion(LACA).It has provided excellent results in such hypopigmentation.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.