How to remove dark spots under lip *link to picture*
Good morning I would to know if anyone could identify the type of dark spot I have under my lip.

The link to the picture is :
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vcw4r8&s=6

For informational purposes I am 25 male Hispanic.
I have been living in the Caribbean since 1995 but when I was 18 I had this job which required being exposed at sunlight lots of hours. That's when this dark spot appeared.

Now this dark spot comes and goes. Sometimes you can't notice it and sometimes its really noticeable. It  changes colors all the time; pink, red, brown, purple and dark grey.

It's texture also changes mostly with the color.
pink and red = irritated
brown and purple = dry or flaky
dark grey = moist and humid (fungus like)

Now I went to a dermatologist last year and his assumption was that it was because of my toothpaste being to strong and causing that area to become irritated and burned. I'm translating from spanish.

I stopped using Colgate and been using cheap brands that are real mild. besides that he prescribed some cream which i cant remember now but it had sulfur and zinc i believe.

its been a year now and it remains the same. today it looks worse then ever and I don't have much money to keep going to dermatologists. Any medical suggestions or opinions will be highly apreciated.

I haven't been using any type of sun block atm. maybe i should. Thanks and good day.

ill update this post once I get home and find the creams name.
I'm at a loss as to what may be causing this, but I wanted to at least post to let you know that we are indeed here and reading this.

In the picture it appears that you shave. If this is the case, try changing shaving cream.
Do you rub the area a lot? This could be a cause.
I actually haven't been using shaving cream for 3-4 months now. I just use regular soap. That might be a reason, though I doubt it. But I'll use warm water only.see if their is any change. Also the area where I have that huge dark spot I have no facial hair. So I don't rub that area at all.  
And I appreciate the concern. I am really grateful. Stil haven't gotten home so I can't post the cream I used yet. I'll keep u updated soon.
Updating this post to let know the cream prescribed by the dermatologist was Fluocinonide Cream USP, 0.05%. 2 (15)g tubes. Used that for a long period of time didn't see no changes. Thanks to everyone once again.

Here is another picture from today.
http://uploadpic.net/6NZZ.jpg
Ugh I have 2 different tubes now I can't remember which one was which. Also have Desonide 0.05% cream tube. Sorry for so many post, I can't find where to edit the original post. Sorry.