Huge Bruise looking thing, Spider bite?
I have this large Bruise on my leg. I didn't hurt myself, because i don't remember. but i was sitting (squat) and i noticed a bruise behind my knee. It kind of hurt at first, but I thought it was a regular bruise. then it got really dark, like purplish dark. and theres marks that look like healing scratches, so I guess i was scratching it. Maybe its a spider bite. Looks like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/himilee/100_2179.jpg

reply thanx.
From the picture it looks like a bruise.Apply cold compresses and if there is any other bruises then causes of easy bruisability have to be ruled out. Anemia and deficiency of vitamins C, K, B12, or folic acid are the common causes of easy bruisability.Try taking iron tablets and multivitamins for some days and see if the symptoms improve.

If the symptoms persist then pls consult a physician.
I hope that helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

heres what it looks like with a better camera.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/himilee/bruise2.jpg
It looks like a bruise. The blood under the skin which causes the discoloration of bruising should be totally reabsorbed by the body in three weeks or less.Also take multivitamins and iron supplements as advised earlier.If the symptoms persist then pls consult a physician.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Question regarding your bruise...did you have any pain and was it hard at all?  I have a mark on my leg that looks exactly like that.  it has been causing a lot of pain in that leg. I have no pain in my other leg but in my upper thigh opposite the bad bruise I have 5 bruises in a row. None of them hurt and they just appeared. I went to the ER had blood work done, an ultrasound on the left leg and CT scan to check for clots or PE.  All came back fine, but I am in extreme pain with the leg of this bad bruise. No injury or getting bit that I remember.  I am very healthy.  Do not know what to do but your bruise looks exactly like mine.  Thanks