Huge blood boil in groin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Huge blood boil in groin

I have a huge boil like thing that has popped up in my pantyline .It popped and blood and pus oozed out profusely .It is black and as big as a golf ball .Do you think I should be concerned about this ? I read online where staph could be present .It hurts so much I can barely walk .Should I go to the ER ? This is freaking me out .I have never had a place like this come up on me before .Thanks for your responses .I usually am on here about my neck but this has really scared me .
Yeah, you need antibiotics and perhaps a more thorough and sterile incision and drain.  The black color is from blood that has been oozing in there along with the infection.  If you have a good urgent care facility they should be able to handle this without a problem - and the cost will be a whole lot less.  

I've had a couple of abscesses like that around the panty line.  It usually starts with the heat and sweat that irritate a hair follicle.  One bacterium gets hatched and you're off to the races.  

Getting rid of these things can be a little more difficult.  Don't be surprised if that location is a trouble spot off-and-on for years to come.  If the infection has encapsulated into a cyst form, you may need a minor surgery to get rid of all the infection products and the cyst capsule.  

It's so hard for people to keep their hands off these things.  We went to be gone - yesterday! - and so we keep squeezing them.  All that does is force that infection into more and more of the surrounding tissues, ultimately making things much worse.  If it's not soft and squishy, it's not ready to be drained, so don't try this at home!

Try not to be embarrassed by the location.  It happens to the human animal all the time.  Now go get yourself some antibiotics today.  :-)
You need to consult a dermatologist as antibiotics are needed in your case. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Topical antibiotics such as Neosporin or Bactroban are also useful till the time you consult a doctor.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Sounds like you are describing H.S.  http://www.examiner.com/article/hydradenitis-suppuritava