Husband has tiny white dry spot on top of foot?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

My husband has had a small (about 3mm across), perfectly round, dry white spot on top of his foot.
Its dry looking and feels rough.

I've not noticed it getting bigger at all over a year or so since I first noticed it.

I assume we have to get this tested for cancer (my husband is 40 and VERY fair skinned, and of course he burns the tops of his feet a lot, sandals and all that).

But-- from what I've read, this isn't seeming like skin cancer-- irregular, weird colors, etc. ?

Thoughts?
Thanks!
S.
It can be due to nummular dermatitis or vitiligo. Vitiligo is a pigmentation disorder in which melanocytes (the cells that make pigment) in the skin are destroyed. As a result, white patches appear on the skin in different parts of the body. Diagnosis can be confirmed by external examination, blood tests to check skin cell count for melanocytes and biopsy of the skin patches.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.