Hydradenitis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hydradenitis

I have a 26 year old daughter whose been battling hydradenitis for about 15 years and this is the worst I've every seen them. They just want go away she has had them remove from under her arms, groin area and now they just kept coming on her buttock and between them. Is there a doctor out there anywhere who can help my child.
Tags: daughter
Hidradenitis suppurativa or HS is a skin disease that affects areas bearing apocrine sweat glands and hair follicles; such as the underarms, groin and buttocks. It is more commonly found in women and can be present under the breasts.
The disease manifests as clusters of chronic abscesses or boils, which can be as large as baseballs or as small as a pea, that are extremely painful to the touch and may persist for years with occasional to frequent periods of inflammation, culminating in drainage of pus, often leaving open wounds that will not heal. Drainage provides some relief from severe, often debilitating, pressure pain. Flare-ups may be triggered by stress, perspiration, hormonal changes (such as monthly cycles in women), humid heat, and clothing friction.
Nearly a quarter of patients state that nothing relieves their symptoms. A list of treatments that are possible treatments for some patients is as follows.
-Showering in Hexachlorophene liquid soap like Phisohex, covering sores with Metrolotion after medicated showers.
-intralesional corticosteroid injections (to reduce inflammation) Usually Kenalog.
-oral antibiotics (to treat inflammation and bacterial infection)
-isotretinoin (Accutane), a prescription-only oral acne treatment (benefits for HS are very controversial, but it is generally considered to be ineffective[citation needed])
anti-androgen therapy.
You need to discuss all options with your doctor or dermatologist.
ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidradenitis

I HAVE SUFFERED FROM BS FOR ABOUT 13 YEARS. NOW.FROM AGE 12 TO 25...I RECENTLY HAD SURGERY UNDER BOTH ARM PITS AND BY THE LOOKS OF THINGS I DON'T THINK IT WILL COME BACK..IT FIRST STARTED UNDER THE ARM PITS THEN SPREADED TO THE GROIN AREA...I HAD SURGERY IN THE GROIN AS MY FIRST ONE BACK APRIL...AND THERE ARE NO SIGNS OR NEW REACUREANCES...I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THE WORK MY COSMETIC SURGEON IS DONE...I BELIEVE I WON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT AGAIN..I HAD IT FOR SO LONG..I KINDA OF WAS USE TO IT..BUT I WAS VERY INSECURE BECAUSE OF IT..I THINK IT DEPENDS ON HOW DEEP THE SURGEON GOES UNDER THE SKIN TO MAKE SURE IT IS NONE LEFT BEHIND...THE SURGERY UNDER MY ARM PITS WAS RECENTLY DONE...SEPTEMBER 17Th to be exact..AND I'M ALREADY HEALING PRETTY GOOD...MY SURGEON HAS ME ON A WOUND BACK..WHICH HELPS THE WOUND GET SMALLER AND HEAL FASTER...IT WILL BE NO TIME BEFORE I CAN REGAIN MY LIFE BACK AND FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF AGAIN..TO ANYONE WHO HAS THIS..SURGERY WOULD BE THE BEST OPTION IF U WANT TO GET RID OF AND REGAIN YOUR LIFE BACK TO...BUT ALL CASES ARE NOT THE SAME AND PEOPLE RESPOND TO SURGERY DIFFERENTLY...
My husband is 65 years old and he has endured this disease since he was 15.   We could probably write a book on all of the procedures he has gone through.  There have been so many different antibotics that I could not begin to list all of them however keflex was one of the best.  He had a series of gammoglobulin injections to try to fight off infection in his body.  He had both arm pits and his groin area removed in 1977.  He has had so many cysts surgically excised that I can not begin to count them.  He has been to doctors from all over Georgia to Rochester, Minnesota.  Each time he gets relief then before long another one comes up.  Every since he was a teenager this disease has caused him embarrasment and humilitation.  When the cysts come up his whole attitude towards everyone around him changes.  He is in extreme pain and while he continues to do all the things he has to do on a daily basis you can see how it hurts him to even move or to just lie still.  
To the person that had surgery and thinks all of the pain is over I pray for your sake that is true.  In my husbands case it was like putting a bandaid on an artery.
HAS ANY ONE TRIED CORTIZONE?