Hydrocortisone induced penile skin thinning/atrophy

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

after using 1% hydrocortisone on a penis skin rash for 8-9 days I have noticed the symptoms of skin atrophy, some posts say it is reversible after stopping the usage of the cream, some say it is not....any ideas which is correct?
Reversibility of skin thinning and atrophy after using steroids depends on the site where skin thinning has occurred and the time period for which steroids have been used. It is very hard to predict whether you will be having skin thinning or not but if it is minimal skin thinning then it should get better with time.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

thank you for the insight.
Steroid atrophy can begin occuring immediately and can be permanent in as little as 3 days.  At least that's what I've read regarding Lotrisone.  I was put on Lotrisone for a rash on my testicles and it was the worst mistake of my life.  It's been over six years and I'm mutilated/disfigured.  I remember a strange, faint tingling on day one.  Gradually my testicles got redder and started burning.  It was pretty gradual so I didn't really realize something was terribly wrong by like day 5 and then I called one of two doctors I was seeing in the same office and he said that he "was not concerned".  I asked him over and over like six times. "You're sure about this."  He assured me he was. Well, I ended up in the emergency room with serious burns and now my testicles are disfigured and I'm depressed every day of my life.  The complete lack of knowledge by doctors on what steroids to use on what part of the body is beyond criminal.  And most can't even identify skin atrophy when they see it.

If you have a moment, could you please participate on a poll I created on here regarding skin atrophy on the genitals caused by steroid creams?  I really would like to know how many guys there are who have been through this.  It's anonymous.