Dermatology Expert Forum
Hyper Sensitive Glans(glands)

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Hyper Sensitive Glans
Ok, gonna try to post as much info as possible so here goes.
I used to have phimosis which a visit to the doctor a couple of years ago has resolved thanks to some steroid cream.
However once the foreskin problem had been resolved I found that the glans of my penis were hyper sensitive and very painful to the touch. Applying pressure to the glans is not painful but even a slight rub or any friction is extremly painful.
I have been trying to desensitise the glans by rubbing in E-45 which is very effective at stopping the pain of contact but after 2 years of this there hasn't been any marked improvement when the E-45 isn't there.
Other boards have suggested an application of a slight anaelgesic(spelling?) and then rubbing the glans, however I fear what would happen once the anelgesic wears off. Same thing with a circumcision, I'm sure it would desensitise but the pain of full glans contact when the anaestic wears off will be too much for me to bear.
Has anyone even heard of my problem or any solutions?
Actually, I haven't.  Using an anesthetic cream like Pramoxine (OTC) would seem mild and safe enough to try.  I have not personally encountered anyone with the degree of sensitivity you describe, so I would suggest you consult either a urologist or a dermatologist if my suggested treatment doesn't help.  Maybe looking at the skin might offer a clue.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
YES - I am having the exact same problem.

I dont know if you would say it was painfu, very Uncomfortable - like touching an eye - but worst.... to a point, now that i think of it, could be classified as painful.

i cant even wank without having the foreskin covering it.

email me @ ***@**** or ***@****

It'd be good to speak with someone going thru the same prob.

Silveralex
A related discussion, Glans sensitivity - pst steroid cream was started.