Hyperpigmentation or something serious?
I was wondering if this shoulder pigmentation that I got four years ago looks benign, I have seen about 5 doctors (not specialists) and they all said it is just hyperpigmentation or maybe even a nevus after I hit puberty. I got it after a trip to Catalina Island during the Summer of 2009. It has not grown/changed or bothered me at all since then. Any insight? Thank You! I am 17 now, Hispanic, Male.
Becker's nevus.
It looks like a becker’s nevus. The nevus generally first appears as an irregular pigmentation (melanosis or hyperpigmentation) on the torso or upper arm (though other areas of the body can be affected), and gradually enlarges irregularly, becoming thickened and often hairy (hypertrichosis).

You should get it treated only if it is cosmetically unpleasant.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.