I Can't Stand The ITCH Anymore

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I Can't Stand The ITCH Anymore

Every few months I get Itchy all over my body and than it leads to a rash which is still really itchy! This itching is killing me! I have gone to the doctors in the past and they told me it was Shingles but I knew after it spreaded to my other side of my body it wasnt, cause I have had shingles in the past before! Then I was told it was scabies, and was treated for it, with three different medications! It didnt work and I was told it was not scabies and that I needed to see a Dermatologist and I was going to but I decided to try and tough  it out and a few weeks later it was gone! Now a few months had gone by and it is back and even worse! There is nothing new Im using on my skin or in my clothes! Infact I havenr left my house in over a month! I have had 5 ear infections this year alone too, and I still have the lumps behind my ears are still swollen! I cannot take this itching anymore and the rash all over! It burns as well! I dont understand what is wrong! Can someone please help cause Im scared that one night I wake up from the itching Im gonna hurt myself with something I use to releave the itching at night just to get some sleep!

Thank you,
nicole
Itchy skin that isn't accompanied by other obvious skin changes, such as a rash, is most often caused by dry skin (xerosis). Other conditions cause itchy skin as well. Skin conditions like psoriasis,dermatitis,lice,scabies and hives, internal diseases like liver and kidney disorders,diabetes, iron deficiency anemia, irritation and allergic reactions to chemicals,wool,soaps,cosmetics and certain foods  can cause itchy skin.

You can apply an anti-itch cream or lotion to the affected area. Oral antihistamine, such as Benadryl can also be used. You should take a comfortably cool bath and wear smooth-textured cotton clothing. Covering the affected area with bandages and dressings can help protect the skin and prevent scratching. You should choose mild soaps without dyes or perfumes and use a mild, unscented laundry detergent when washing clothes, towels and bedding.

Please take a second opinion from a dermatologist if the symptoms persist. He/She will start with the specific medications.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

use Aveeno Soothing bath treatment.