I Have A Small Hole Just Above My Anus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I Have A Small Hole Just Above My Anus

Hi. I recently found a small hole just above my anus and I'm worried that it could be something serious. The hole itself is about 1mm wide and has recently started to weep and bleed a small amount. I've looked on the Internet to see if I can find out what it is and I think it could be a polinodal cyst, but I'm really not sure. Any amount of help will be very, very well taken.  
Thanks.
Tags: anus, hole, Cyst

It sounds like pilonidal cyst. This hole near the base of spine is called pilonidal dimple.It is a small pit or sinus in the sacral area at the very top of the crease between the buttocks.

The majority of pilonidal dimples are harmless, congenital anomalies that consist of a small depression or pit. There may be increased hairiness around the area.
The pilonidal dimple may also be a deep tract, rather than a shallow depression, leading to a sinus that may contain hair. These can become infected and drain.As it is bleeding ,so it has to be examined by a surgeon.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted if you have any additional queries

can a male also have problems with th pilonidal cyst? i am 16 and a boy and i have know about the "hole" for a while now but within the last month or so it has began to hurt and bleed. please help.
I'm a male and I also have the pilonidal cyst. I've had it for a long time. Evey once in awhile it hurts and bleeds. Its never caused me any medical problems. Thought I was the only person in the world with this problem. I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. Its very embarassing but its a part of me and I'm ok with that. If it could ccause deathly problems id love to know about it. My email address. ***@****. thanks so much for your time.
I have a hole i can fit the tip of my pinky in right above my rectum that constantly drains puss and blood. do i need to see a surgeon?? Cause ots been there for 2 years and isnt gettin any better
I have a pilonidal sinus, at the top of my buttcrack (for lack of a better term) theres a small opening that puss comes out of, but then i also have this small hole 1-2 inches above my anus that bleeds. Not too sure if its related to the sinus, because it doesnt irritate or hurt, it just bleeds occasionally.
Mine just bled one period and after that it never bothered me again. Still i thought id search it up just to be sure so i figure it is normal and nothing is wrong with it?
hi I have this small hole near my actual butthole and it bleeds pusing and dischargeing there no pain at all theres a sweet smelling pus that comes out when I wipe it clean and I pulled this long strand of whits stuff out of it but wondering what it is its starting to worry me a bit