I Have A Small Hole Just Above My Anus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I Have A Small Hole Just Above My Anus

Hi. I recently found a small hole just above my anus and I'm worried that it could be something serious. The hole itself is about 1mm wide and has recently started to weep and bleed a small amount. I've looked on the Internet to see if I can find out what it is and I think it could be a polinodal cyst, but I'm really not sure. Any amount of help will be very, very well taken.  
Thanks.
Tags: anus, hole, Cyst

It sounds like pilonidal cyst. This hole near the base of spine is called pilonidal dimple.It is a small pit or sinus in the sacral area at the very top of the crease between the buttocks.

The majority of pilonidal dimples are harmless, congenital anomalies that consist of a small depression or pit. There may be increased hairiness around the area.
The pilonidal dimple may also be a deep tract, rather than a shallow depression, leading to a sinus that may contain hair. These can become infected and drain.As it is bleeding ,so it has to be examined by a surgeon.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted if you have any additional queries

can a male also have problems with th pilonidal cyst? i am 16 and a boy and i have know about the "hole" for a while now but within the last month or so it has began to hurt and bleed. please help.
I'm a male and I also have the pilonidal cyst. I've had it for a long time. Evey once in awhile it hurts and bleeds. Its never caused me any medical problems. Thought I was the only person in the world with this problem. I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. Its very embarassing but its a part of me and I'm ok with that. If it could ccause deathly problems id love to know about it. My email address. ***@****. thanks so much for your time.
I have a hole i can fit the tip of my pinky in right above my rectum that constantly drains puss and blood. do i need to see a surgeon?? Cause ots been there for 2 years and isnt gettin any better