I Have Shiny Red Patches On My Penis What Is It ??

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hi ... my names Danny ... and i just turned 18 ...

I have a girlfriend who is the same age as me and we have been together for 6 months now ... we have shagged several amounts of times over this period of time ... and she was a virgin the first time we had sex ... however i had sexual intercourse with my ex girlfriend several times as well before we broke up ...

Recently, about ...  a week and a half ago now ... my girlfriend and my self had sex and straight after went into the shower ... we cleansed each other off ... and whilst i was cleaning myself i pulled back my fore skin in order to clean my penis thoroughly well ... but i noticed that there was Shiny Red Patches on the left and right hand side of my inner penis ... i have been quite scared of what this could be a sign of cause this has never happened to me before ... i am afraid of the fact that this may be some sign of infection or STD or any other type of disease ... seeing as i am too afraid to go to the doctors i am desperately seeking the advise i can try and get on this site ...

If you have any sort of information of what this Shiny Red Patches is could you please inform me and let me know as soon as possible of what you think this is ... and if you have any recommendations on how to get rid of the Shiny Red Patches ... I am begging you please help get through this struggle ...

Many Thanks Danny.

This could be - pearly penile papules or fordyce spots. You would need to consult your doctor for a confirmed diagnosis.

Nothing can be said with surety without a clinical examination.

'Pearly penile papules are multiple, small (about 1-3mm) papules running around the circumference of the crown of the glans (glands) penis. They typically develop in men aged 20 to 40, and around 10 per cent of all men are affected. They may be mistaken for warts, are not infectious and require no treatment.'

'Fordyce spots are small (1-5mm) bright red or purple papules that can appear on the glans (glands), shaft or scrotum and usually affect younger men. They may occur as a solitary lesion, but frequently appear in crops of 50 to 100. They are painless and not itchy, but may cause embarrassment because of their appearance, or a fear that they might be sexually transmitted. '

Let us know if you need any further information.

Post us about what your doctor advises.

Regards.
Hey ...

I consulted my doctor early this morning ...

and all he could tell me is what you told me in your reply to my message ...

he told me its nothing to worry about because its not any type of STD or virus of any kind ... and he told me just to take showers/baths regularly (which i do anyway) and they should be gone in a few days possibly weeks ...

however i want to try and get rid of it before then so do you recommend any sort of home treatment ... like soap or anything like that ect ...

please reply back soon

Many Thanks Danny.