I Have a big mole on my neck should i be concerned ?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

4674176?1247995027
Hello i have had this mole on the back of my neck sense i was about 10 years old and im currenty 22. The mole has always made me very  self-conscience expecially when with the oposite sex and getting short hair cuts. When i was younger my doctor told me it was fine and nothing to worry about saying it was a normal mole. When i was around 17 or so i spoke to my doctor about getting it removed and at the last minute i chose just to leave it alone i dont really know why i suppose i was afraid of them cutting into my neck. Sense then i lost my health insurance and i haven't been able to go to the doctor in several years. The mole really has not gotten any bigger, changed shape or color sense the visit. There is no color surrounding the base of the mole. I really had no one to ask about it so i decided to ask here if you would please help me and fill me in on what type of mole it is and if i should be concerned  i would be very greatful picture is below Thank you for your time
hmmm... judging on its apprearance.. its quite fine... any pain or swelling on that mole? if something changes like it became swollen or it easily gets irritated by soaps or other cleansing agents... its better to excise it by a surgeon...

only your appearance is your problem... be sure to check it from time to time... for any deviation in its size...
No theres no pain , irritation , or swelling and i would say its almost as big as a pencil eraser.  im always worried what would happen if it gets snagged on somthing or accidentally scratched off i fear i would loose quite alot of blood if that scenario was to occur because even my doctor said if that was to happen it would "bleed like a stuck pig" as he put it. hopefully i can get the annoying thing removed soon and forget about it Thank you very much for your fast reply you relived alot of stress off my back stress i have had for many years guess i should have posted this ages ago.
Your welcome.. its good you indication that your mole is not infectious and could be left untreated for now... yes, its true.. gushing of blood will occur if a strong force of scratch will happen... remember the best treatment for it could be excision... "MOLAR EXCISION"... Good Luck sir... take time to relax...
From the picture it looks like a compound nevus.It is a mixture of junctional and intradermal proliferation. Compound nevi are slightly raised and brown to black. If you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.Otherwise it should be left as such.

I hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.