Dermatology Community
I Scratched a mole open accidentally, what now?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I Scratched a mole open accidentally, what now?

Hi

I have had a small, brown slightly risen mall under my breast and I scratched it open some 6 weeks ago.  It bleed a bid but now seems fine.  It is a bid smaller as I scratched a part away.  It started itching a coupleof days ago.

I am not sure what to do.  I am a traveller from Europe without any insurance in Australia meaning I would have to pay a good amount of money for consultation and possibly surgery, hence I'd like to get some advise on it.  

Is it mandatory to go to the doctors when a mole has been scratched open even a tiny bid?

Thanks.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi

I do not think it is necessary. If the wound is not very deep and there is no excessive bleeding,swelling or pain, then this should heal spontaneously. Refrain from touching the area unnecessarily as this may lead to an infection. Wash your hands frequently as you may unconsciously touch or scratch your face .Do not apply any creams or lotions on the affected area as this may only further irritate the skin.
Blank
Hi,
No, it is not mandatory to visit a doctor when you have caused the bleeding due to scratching it unless it has become infected.

All you need to do is apply an antibiotic cream available OTC on the mole, itching in the area indicates it is healing.

Do not scratch it again when it itches, instead you can apply an anti-itch lotion on it to soothe it.

Moles which bleed spontaneously or show other signs of having changed color, shape, size or border need to get immediate attention.

Blank
Sorry to ask this but, why are moles so "DANGEROUS" in certain situations but hamrless is most?
Blank
DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.  I ALSO SCRATCH ONE OF MY MOLES OFF BY ACCIDENT. WHEN IT OPENED A LITTLE MAN POPPED HIS HEAD OUT AND START SINGING "DON'T WORRY....BE HAPPY" HE SAID THAT THINGS WERE GOING TO BE OKAY
Blank
DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.  I ALSO SCRATCH ONE OF MY MOLES OFF BY ACCIDENT. WHEN IT OPENED A LITTLE MAN POPPED HIS HEAD OUT AND START SINGING "DON'T WORRY....BE HAPPY" HE SAID THAT THINGS WERE GOING TO BE OKAY
Blank
What are you on dr. dunitall and can i have some? :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...