Dermatology Community
I found a cure for my itchy legs
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I found a cure for my itchy legs

I had/have the exact problem. My legs and arms felt like every hair on them was poking my skin, I wanted to cry, and sometimes did. I realized the "crawling in my skin" feeling went away after 30min or so.

Anyway, I was doing some research, and I found out what my problem might be- layers and layers of dead skin accumulated. Yes, when I looked at my arms and legs during the "itching" sensation, there were no signs of rash or irritation. However, when I looked very closely (even when I was not itching), I had very tiny (almost flat) bumps on both my legs and forearms. They did NOT look like "taphylococcal folliculitis" or "Cholinergic (physical) urticaria". I figured these bumps were dead skin accumulating under my hair follicles, and it had built up because when I showered I did not scrub my entire body, if I ever did scrub at all. So I was not washing the dead skin away.

I began to shower EVERY DAY and scrubbed my arms, chest, and legs with a soapy loofah. The first day I itched so bad I wanted to cry. The next day got better, and now a week later I feel fine! No itch! And my legs feel smoother! I think shaving AND scrubbing helped my legs.

So there it it, I just had to share my cure with you all because I've been suffering from this "itchiness" for over 2 years now, and it's horrible!!! I hope my thorough scrubbing keeps the itch away and works for you too!

This discussion is related to Itchy legs, no sign of rash or irritation.