I have Tinea Capitis, is it possible for hair to regrow?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hey I have Tinea Capitis as per my doctor, and it itches real bad. I have a small bald patch on my hair and I am taking grispeg tablets my doctor prescribed. I was wondering is the hair will regrow?
below is a picture
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/bklynsweetest/IMG_0302-1.jpg
I am really scared and saddened by my hair loss, please help...
thank you
Tinea capitis is a fungal infection which can be responsible for dandruff and hair fall also. Treatment includes washing the scalp with shampoo with selenium sulfide (2.5%) or zinc pyrithione (1-2%) used 2-3 times weekly at home. Oral steroids, Griseofulvin and oral antifungals may also be required. I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

The hair loss due to tinea capitis is not permanent and goes away on its own once the fungal infection is treated. If not then one can take medicines like Minoxidil or Rogaine also after consulting a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.