I have a bump on my bottom of my penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have a bump on my bottom of my penis

5725744?1274922767
I noticed 5 days ago a red swelling on the bottom of my penis shaft, I do live on the bottom floor so insects and spiders is not uncommon to see at times. At first I thought it was a ingrown hair but I think it may be an insect bite at this point. I kept putting neosporin on it but it does not look like its going away. the more I touch it the more sensitive it becomes, it does not have a center pore but some clear liquid comes out of it once I press the infected area. It is not a pimple since it does not have a head or puss so I am confused as to what I should do. When I press on it it flattens out but hours later it becomes a little irritated.  Its a little swollen around the area itself but I think its because I touch it throughout the day as it rubs against my leg. Let me know your thoughts as to what i should do.
  • reed bumps (4 replies):
    i have thes red bumps in my iner thight ans they itch an...[more]
  • Ingrown Hair? (2 replies):
    I have several bump on my Penis from base to head manly ...[more]
  • Pimples on forearms (1 replies):
    So a couple of moths ago I started getting these small r...[more]
  • red bumps (1 replies):
    well i had a red bump on my upper theigh near where my g...[more]
  • curious (1 replies):
    I am 21 years old. for the last 3 weeks i have had these...[more]
go see your doc look up the signs your having
It can be a small cyst, infected hair follicle, insect bite or some form of clogged pore due to friction rub. Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics  and avoid coarse clothing and wear 100% cotton fabric against your skin and clothing that is free of moisture, dried sweat, chemicals, dirt and other debris. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or Neosporin are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.