I have a rash over my body and doctors have no idea what it is.
I have a rash over most of my body. and at times it itches. it started just scattered spots on my arms and armpits. I get poison a lot so thats what the doctors first thought it was so they gave me Prednisone, after 2 prescriptions of that they gave me a shot of triamcinolone acetonide. neither did anything. then they thought it might be scabies so they gave me permethrin cream, I did that twice and for some reason after I used that, The rash really spread to cover most of my back and sides. a lot around the upper arms and legs and the armpits. but a big surprise there is next to none around on my private's. after that failed, they thought maybe just a bacteria infection. so they prescribed me a 10 day supply of terbinafine and doxycycline. that dried it up but did not get any better and the pic I provided is on the 10th day of them pills. my one neighbor is a nurse and she said it looked like infatigo but she said the last pills I got should of got rid of it. Now the family doctors are out of ideas so they think I should see a specialist.since I live in PA and my neighbor the nurse said it could take months to get in and see them. I wanted to know if you have any ideas on the conditon that I have or different pills that might get rid of it.
The clinical picture and the photo will make me think of Pityriasis rosea or PLEVA.
A biopsy is essential to differentiate.
Best wishes.
It looks like it was from insect bites. Do you have any pets?
I live alone. no pets or people live with me.
looking up both of those rashes, online they say there is no medication that cures it. that in 4-8 weeks in most cases it will go away on its own. it says the only thing you can do is take pills or use topical cream(which I have plenty of from all the times I've gotten poison) to take away the itching. looking up pictures, it looks like I probably have one of those two skin problems, if that is the case, do I need a biopsy? If there is no cure why bother.
Hoff, while both these conditions are self-limiting it is always better to get confirmed. Guess that's the best option! Cheers!
turns out it wasn't pleva or rosea. went to a specialist and they cut some out to test it. Eczema