I have a strange rash..HELP

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have a strange rash..HELP

9470974?1378843156
I got a rash on the inside of my elbow about a week ago and it keep getting worse so i went to the doctor. She said it looked like poison ivy, so gave me medicine to treat it. That was a week ago and the only thing that has happened is that it's spreading more. My sister and her friends are all nurses and they all say that it is definitely not poison ivy. I thought maybe it was eczema but I'm not positive because I don't know what it really looks like. Besides what you can see on the picture, there is two further up, two more on my other arm, one on each hand and one on the left side of my stomach. The biggest one on the inside of my elbow gets really red the longer I have my arm open.
I forgot to put that it was on my right side of my face and ear but that has gone away besides on the earlobe
This can be hives or pityriasis rosea. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching.

You should try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid deodorant / cosmetics. You can also use calamine lotion and take antihistaminic like Benadryl for the itching.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for responding! I haven't had a fever with it but it itches usually when something scrapes against it. I recently went back to my doctor and she told me that she now knows it isn't poison ivy and she thinks its contact something...she literally said something! She isn't my regular doctor, shes a resident so I think I need to just change doctors! She prescribed desoximetasone to me first but it didn't clear up so now she gave me hydroxyzine for the itching but it still itches pretty bad at times.