I have little red spots that won't go away.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

A couple years ago in the summer, I noticed that the skin on my back was covered with little red spots. Since then, I have noticed new ones, the old ones don't go away, and some have increased a little in size and some are a little itchy now (they weren't before). Some are flat and some have a bit of a head. They have also increased in number as I don't only have new ones on my back, I have some in my tailbone area, at least one on my one leg, a few on my chest and wherever else I may have missed. I have already had chicken pox twice. It isn't a new soap or anything like that causing it. It's not from the heat as it would go away in the winter, right? I also drink water and other fluids, so I don't think I'm dehydrated, at least not by much. They don't hurt. Some can be itchy and some aren't but even then they're not itchy like mosquito bites. Most of them are quite tiny but still noticeable and some are a little larger. They reminded me of measles when I first saw them. As there were so many and they were tiny. I wouldn't think they would be pimples as they don't go away and I have them in other areas (my one leg, my chest, my tailbone area and wherever I may have missed). I would like to know what it sounds like and maybe get some answers as to what it could be. It is puzzling to me for sure. I just want to know what it is or could be.
-5 Comments Post a Comment
My daugther had a little red point on her head she complaint that are iching what is this

This sounds like a heat rash or milaria , though nothing can be said with surety without having a look at the lesions.

'Miliaria (miliaria rubra, sweat rash or prickly heat) is a skin disease marked by small and itchy rashes. Miliaria is a common ailment in hot and humid conditions, such as in the tropics and during the summer season. '

'The prevention and treatment of miliaria primarily consists of controlling heat and humidity so that sweating is not stimulated. Measures may involve treating a febrile illness; removing occlusive clothing; limiting activity; providing air conditioning; or, as a last resort, having the patient move to a cooler climate.'

You could read more about the condition at the following links -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miliaria

and

http://www.emedicine.com/DERM/topic266.htm

Let us know if you need any other information and post us about how you are doing.

Regards.
hi
i am 12 yeara old and i have had spots for 2 years now they come and go but then i am getting readdy to go out somwere nice i all ways get one or two i dont no what to do about it , am i doing somthing rong please help me
please
I know what you mean it sounds like I have the same thing. All though the ones on my bottom are really bad. They won't go away either I wish someone could tell us what it is. My doctor said it is folliculitis but they've given me 2 different antibiotics and so far they aren't working.