I have permanantly chapped areas on my lips?
Probly for like a couple of months now, I've had a chapped,sometimes flaky area on the top of my upper lip. Only on the left though. I thought it would just go away but it never did! I would use a scrubber to take of the dry skin and it worked intill the next day. And then recently, I got another area thats on the right side of my lips on the crease. But its more on the bottoms. Its really annoying me because they're dry and flaky and nothing works!!!! How can I get rid of it???
Firstly, It can be due to vit B deficiency. Take some vitamin B complex for some days and see if your symptoms improve.
Secondly,it can be due to atopic dermatitis or eczema("Atopic" refers to a group of diseases where there is often an inherited tendency to develop other allergic conditions, such as asthma and hay fever). Cheilitis(Inflammation of the skin on and around the lips)is often seen in atopic dermatitis.Diagnosed by bld test like RAST.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.