I have red, dry skin thats scabs.....?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have red, dry skin thats scabs.....?

I havenever had this problem until a few months after I had my daughter. All of a sudden, after I tried a new face wash from Avon, my skin on my nose, the sides of my nose (under my eyes) and above one of my eye brows, gets red and irritated, then it scabs if I just wash my face with water in the shower. I also cant stand dry skin on my face so I tend to pick it off sometimes, then it really scabs and sometimes some kind of thin liquid comes off with the dead skin? I have no idea and dont have insurance to see a doctor about this. Im hoping someone can give me some idea as to what it is and how to fix it?! Please help!!
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be irritant contact dermatitis.

Irritant dermatitis is very common after using some form of cosmetics which do not suit your skin..

Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort.

If the irritation persists then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.