I have some kind of breakout on my lips?
It all started about 5 days ago, I noticed these 2 patches of small light pink dots on either side of my upper lip.  You couldn't really see them unless I stuck my lip out in a weird way.  They made my lips feel very rough and made them feel extremely chapped/dry.  I found this question that someone else had that seemed to match the problem I WAS experiencing: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dermatology/tiny-bumps-on-lips/show/719029?personal_page_id=1675562#post_5959889

The only problem is, I tried several of the things recommended on that question, I put Blixtex on, I cleaned my lips with alcohol, I put on antibiotic ointment and nothing helped.  Then, this morning over a period of about 3 hours, the 2 small patches gone away but in their place these larger red bumps about 1-2mm in size appeared all over my upper lip and in some places on my lower lip.  They sort of resemble tiny boils or blisters, almost all of them are red but a few are white-ish in color.  I have an appointment at my dermatologist the day after tomorrow, but I'd really like to know what is going on and how I can make it less visible because I have a job interview the same day as my appointment (bad timing I know)...  Please help!
From the symptoms it can be clogged pores or irritated hair follicles or Fordyce spots. Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then please get an examination done from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks for your response!  I went to my regular doctor the day after my original post.  He examined it and couldn't tell me what exactly was going on, but he said it looked like either a bacterial or viral infection coupled with an allergic reaction.  He gave me an antibiotic (cephalexin), a corticosteroid pill, and a topical cream.  He also told me to ice my lips 3x a day for the swelling.  All of this seems to have worked, the next day my lips were almost completely back to normal.