I have upper lip pigmentation. How do I get rid of it.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I've noticed that I have a shadow-like, blackish pigment on my upper lip. I'm really confused about why I have this pigmentation because the only skin problem I have is eczema. I was once using a topical steroid to treat my eczema and I'm wondering if that caused any hormonal changes which resulted in the pigmentation.
I want to see a dermatologist, but I have no idea where to find one.

I've been told by my mother that applying lemon juice to dark skin will cause it to lighten. I've been using that remedy for about one week now but I'm not really sure if it is working. I've also been exfoliating my skin gently every other day, but not to often. I've also been using skin lightening creams such as 'fair and lovely' and 'ponds'. I'm quite sceptical about the lightening creams but I have no other choice. I also put on sun screen everytime I go out, SPF40.

I've threaded most of the hair on my upper lip but there is still a lot of darkness and it appears as a mouschetache. Its very unpleasant, and I have to wear foundation everywhere I go, which is very ineffective eventually rubs off.

I'm only 16 and basically nobody wants to hear my problems and help me. Nobody seems to care because it doesn't concern them in any way.
I've tried so hard to cover it up and to treat it but nothing seems to work.  I've lost so much faith and confidence that I've convinced myself that this problem can't be treated and I have to live with it. Its draining my confidence and worst of all, my end of year prom is coming up and I feel so unconfident.

Could you please, please, please give me an effective way of covering it up or a way to get rid of it.
Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to read this!
Certain areas of hyper-pigmentation are genetically determined and some can be aresult of inflammation,infection or trauma.
Threading also can cause this -, but since you have had it prior to this it may not be so in your cae.
You can try skin lightening agents like Hydroquinone 2-4% available at apharmacies.
sometimes hpme remedies do work. So you can try lemon juice because it has skin bleaching properties.
I have tried laser for pigmentation whilst initally it works it always reappears. I have also used Hydroquionone and have not found it to be very effective.

I believe mine has been caused from waxing the upper lip & either the wax too hot or skin not taut enough.....

I also find make up to not cover the shadow. I am fanatical about sunscreen and have seen numerous skin specialists.

Unfortunately to date have found no remedy & will have to learn to live with it.

Hate it hate it hate it & feel very self concious. I feel ur pain!!!!