I need help, fast

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I need help, fast

For the past 14 years I've been living with a problem... everything makes my face hurt.

When I was younger my skin was completely clear, but when I became a teenager I had very bad acne.  I tried every product I could find to help remedy the acne, but it seemed to just dry out my face more and more.  Eventually the acne cleared up but my face hasn't been the same since.  On a good day it feels tight and painful, on bad day its swollen, rashy, burns constantly and makes it hard to talk because of how much it hurts.

I've been to a few dermatologists who have all said its some sort of dermatitis, but every time they prescribe me something it only makes it worse.  Nothing seems to make it better.  I've tried using lotions, cleansers, medications, even just regular water with a babies wash cloth, but everything I put on my face makes it tight, swollen and start to burn.

Like I said, its been 14 yrs and I don't want to think that this is something i'm going to have to live with the rest of my life!!  Please help!!
It looks like contact dermatitis. Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort.

If the irritation persists then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. Treatment can be started only when the diagnosis is confirmed. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.