I think I may have molluscum contagiosum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

It's around my genital region I was wondering since I've been with the same partner for two years now how could I have gotten this? How can I get rid of it? Is it an std always or can you get it from hot tubs or towels or saunas?
It isn't necessarily an STD, even though it's often transmitted by skin-to-skin contact. But you also can get it from sharing or handling infected towels, clothes, or other items. If you are part of a gym, it's possible that could be your culprit. There are multiple options for removing the bumps. Only a doctor can help you decide what the best approach is. But there are medicines as well as surgical treatments. Once the bumps are eliminated the infection is considered cured and should not reappear unless you are reinfected.
In adults, molluscum infections are often sexually transmitted and can transmit from one site to other skin sites by aoutoinocultaion. Treatment includes physical destruction or manual extrusion of the lesions, cryotherapy, and curettage.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.