I woke up with a rash that looks like bug bites but I'm not sure. ...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I woke up with a rash that looks like bug bites but I'm not sure. Please Help!

So last night I went to bed with a very, very itchy spot on my right leg and there were tiny bumps that looked like misquito bites. Then this morning, I woke up and it was ten times worse. It is a whole bunch of red blobs with tiny white heads,  just on my upper right leg. And it is soooo itchy ! It's slowly, slowly spreading down my leg. And I have like one bump on the other leg and one on my arm. It's not poison oak/ivy. I had that last year and it's not the same. Please help !
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be due to insect bites. Wash the bites with some antiseptic lotion or soap. Use cold water but avoid the use of warm or hot water as this may tend to stimulate itch. Secondly, apply a cold pack over the bites to reduce swelling.

Please do not scratch the inflamed area as this may lead to open wounds and secondary infections. You may apply a mild steroid cream like 1% hydrocortisone cream and take OTC anthistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin. In case of intense itching an oral dose of anti-histamine like Dimetapp, Chlortrimeton is very effective in relieving itch. Once the itch stops, you will stop scratching as well and the healing will take place faster.

But if the symptoms do not improve or worsen then please consult a dermatologist a course of antibiotics and a jab of steroid may be needed to stop the inflammation and also to get the diagnosis confirmed. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.