Dermatology Expert Forum
INGROWN HAIR ON LEGS
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

INGROWN HAIR ON LEGS

I am an African women 28 yrs of age with a very fair complexion and I have been having unsightly ingrown hairs on my legs for the past 5 plus years. Sometimes they  swell up and is very, very painfull. I usually tweeze them out and that has cause extensive scaring or should I say they leave dark marks. Unfortunately when I tweeze them the hairs just grows right back. I have considered the option of laser treatment but it is way too expensive. I hav tried creams but nothing seems to work. Because of this problem I have not worn shorts in the public for years becasue I am highly embarassed with the state of my legs. I desparately need some advise on what I can do because I am looking forward to summer next year and also to visit my home country for Carnival celebrations next year. Please, Please help me.