IPL Burn
I had an IPL treatment on my chest, full arms, tops of shoulders and tops of hands yesterday for pigmentation (freckles). I have red hair, fair skin and dark hazel eyes. I burn relatively easily and never tan but freckle.
I was not given any after care advice following my ipl treatment but have been putting dermaid on the affected areas at night and QV moistouriser on during the day.
The skin on my hands is beginning to get the coffee granule look, the skin on my arms is getting bubbly (like the freckles are little bubbles, and the skin on my chest is looking very burnt. There are six rectangle head marks which are a greeny colour (I can't see any freckles in them) This morning my jumper brushed on on of the rectangles and a top layer of the skin came off there. Underneath the skin stings and is red but has a whitish centre. Will this definitely scar if I continue to moistourise it with QV/dermaid? Is there anything else I can do to minimise the scarring.
I am trying to keep the top layer of skin on the other five burn marks. Is it likely that these will also scar?
Thankyou,
Kelly

From the symptoms it looks like superficial burns. Most superficial burns heal within about two weeks and don't usually leave a scar. For these kind of burns; you can apply antibiotic cream such as silver sulfadiazine (Silvadene).It will prevent infection and help in fast healing.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thankyou for your help!
My skin is much better, although I think one of the marks will scar...It's still red and it's been two and a half weeks.
Unfortunately I was unable to purchase silvadene over the counter which was annoying!!!
Thanks Again,
Kelly
I would strongly suggest you google "IPL and Laser Damage Support". Then read all about what lasers have done to others. Not just immediate damage, but 1-3 yrs down the road as well. You'll need to start looking for answers to heal the dermis, epidermis and deeper damage now, so that you may stave off any damage that could 'pop' up years after a laser treatment.