IS THIS NORMAL?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

IS THIS NORMAL?

Im 14 years old and when i was 10 or 11 me and my friend were like touching each others penis could i of got something from that? Now i recently thought i had a heria i bump in my groin area but the doctor said its just a gland swollen from activities but is it normal to be able to feel you glands in your cresent area? Everyone thats looks at this try and feel in your groin cresent area but yesturday i found i have a swollen gland in my neck on the right side right on my hair line. Are these common and thanks. Another thing is that i have been noticing two raised bumps not much but just a little right next to each other on my penis head. They seem to come and go away.  Im really worried.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
First of all stop worrying as it does not sound to be a serious disorder.The bumps on penis can be contact dermatitis,rash due to friction rub,folliculitis,cysts ,Fordyce spots or molluscum contagiosum(multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug).
Apply warm compresses,Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it.You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen.

The swollen glands can be due to viral or bacterial infection elsewhere in the body. Other causes include allergic reactions, metabolic diseases, and an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).

Apply warm compresses and if the symptoms worsen or the glands become painful,then pls consult a physician.
I hope that helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted.

Avatar_dr_f_tn

This could be hair follicles and sweat glands, which are normal part of the skin's anatomy and commonly found on the penile shaft.  They may be visible as small nodules or might only be felt as small lumps in the skin.  On the other hand, molluscum contagiosum is also a common, benign, infectious viral disease affecting the skin and mucous membranes. It is a common skin condition in childhood when it is transmitted through ordinary peer contact. It appears as multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug. A curd-like discharge can be squeezed from them. It may disappear without treatment.

Take care and regards.