ITCHING OF THE SCROTUM

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

ITCHING OF THE SCROTUM

I was diagnosed with yeast infection as the cause of scrotal itching.  Dr. prescribed ECONAZOLE NITRATE CREAM, 1%.  Also said to take pro-biotics to replace intestinal yeast colonization,(the source of the yeast infestation), with good bacteria to replace the yeast colonization in the intestinal tract and apply ECONAZOLE NITRATE CREAM, 1% topically.  That worked well, but I still have burning of the scrotum which sometimes even goes down the inside of my legs about 4 or 5 inches.  When the burning gets really severe I have derived temporary relief by soaking the area with a mild solution of apple cider vinegar and water mixed about 1/4 cup vinegar to the pint of water.
My question is: How can I get rid of the risidual itch left over from the yeast infection?

This discussion is related to Burning Sensation on Scrotum.
0%
 (0) 
I don't know?
0%
 (0) 
I don't understand.?
0 Members voted
Soak in Epsom salt. Limit your sugar intake. Do not drink sodas or eat candy, ice cream or anything with a high amount of refined sugar. There are some antifungals you can take such as caprylic acid, olive leaf, garlic, Pau d Arco (as a tea). Also avoid alcohol as it will feed the yeast. Get a candida cleanse from the health food store and pick up some probiotics while you are there (they have the best kind). You should also avoid bread and anything containing wheat or yeast. Millet bread is safe for those with candida infection. Again, you can find that at the health food store. Hope it helps!
I just got some Econazole Nitrate Cream for a similar situation.  I am also taking probitoics, flucazole 200mg's  a day and on an anti-candida diet.  How dd/is your situation working out for you?  The anti-candida diet is stripping off my weight way too fast for my comfort.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers