ITCHY AREA BETWEEN THE THIGHS

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

ITCHY AREA BETWEEN THE THIGHS

This discussion is related to Red sore between thigh and scrotum.

Hi! I am just new here.  I am a guy.  i googled about something that REALLY bothers me.  I am currently suffering from something i really have no idea about.  the area between my thighs are REALLY itchy.  it occured 3 weeks-a month ago.  At first, i thought it was just a normal itching of the area but then when it lasted for almost two weeks, i got concerned about it.  When i told this to my girlfriend, she referred DEMOVATE cream to me.  she said that it works for areas that are itchy.  she even gave me this fenistel gel for itch also.  i tried dermovate.  however, when i first used the product, it worked a bit.  i mean, the itch was gone for a while but then it was too late when my girlfriend told me that i should have used it for just 7 days because it contains steroids which could make my skin thin.  (sigh) After a week of applying the cream, i observed that the itch was there again, and this time, it was too painful because it comes with wounds (i think it was caused of too much scratching).. my gf and i were discussing about it, i was even accused of having an affair with other girls because of that (too bad for me, coz i am too loyal to my gf, haha).. and then we tried searching for it on the net, until we ended up reading some forums here regarding my problem.  most of the symptoms of jock itch are present to me.  but i am still not 100% sure with it.  just a while ago, my girlfriend texted her dermatologist about it (but we prefer not to tell her it was me because we are afraid of people thinking bad things about us), the derma prescribed ELICA cream (mometasone furoate).. but the thing is, the area stinks (it smells like having fungal infection/athelete's foot) here are the descriptions of what i feel presently: very itchy (there are times that i couldnt sleep at night because of itching), flaky, sore, red areas are spreading out even the scrotum (the weather here in our county changed suddenly from super hot to cold), i sweat a lot because i walk too long from our house to school) i am just hoping that you could help me with this.  should i see the doctor? should he be a dermatologist or a urologist?  is urologist the counterpart of ob-gyn? thank you very much! im looking forward to hear from you as soon as possible. GODbless