ITCHY HANDS, LEGS, ARMS

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

ITCHY HANDS, LEGS, ARMS

They get liquid under some and are extremely itchy. If they break open they can burn (raw). Some leave bruises under the skin for days.

I have it for 2 weeks now. There are only FOUR POSSIBILITIES.
1>ALLERGY: No it is not. I took high doses of cortisone that would wipe out any allergy. That did not work.
2>GERM: No- I took an antibiotic for some infection from from scratching them. Only the infection cleared, leaving the itchy water pimples, which are sore afterwards.
3> FUnGUS- No. I looked at all the pictures of fungus... not that.
4> VIRUS??- Yes-- I am almost certain. So went and got ZOVIRAX. It's on prescription in tablets 200 mg strength 3 times per day... 24 hrs later no new pimples yet. I also got cream for cold sores (it has cyclivir in it to rub on the itchy spots). Really much better.
BUT GIVE ME TWO MORE DAYS BEFORE YOU TRY IT-- I WILL REPORT BACK ON PROGRESS.
Charles
From the symptoms that you have described, it sounds like a viral infection. However to confirm the same the fluid from the sores should be sent for viral testing. Laboratory tests include: culture of the virus, direct fluorescent antibody (DFA) studies to detect virus, skin biopsy, and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to test for presence of viral DNA. I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and get it ruled out.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.