ITCHY PALM PLEASE HELP!!!
I've been having an itchy palm since the middle of August! Nothing seems to work! I'm going crazy and so scared that it can be something else. Has anyone ever experienced this??? It seems as though theres a tiny bump under the skin, can this cause the itching?? All my doctors are stumped at this point!! PLEASE HELP!
holy **** this is the exact same thing that I have! it's just on my right palm in the middle towards the bottom. and it's a small bump, you can't really see it but you can feel it and I've had it for a few weeks now and have no clue what it is!
I have all small red dot in the center of my right palm it itches and sometimes stings a little I think ive had this before but this literally just spears out of no where its under the skin and is not raised at ALL it looks like I put a dot of red dye in the middle of my palm PLEASE answer cause I'm worried it could be something else :o
Definately sounds like eczema. Eczema can appear for a number of reasons. Chemical irritants (from something as simple as shampoo) even from stress. I used to get it very rarely, and in small areas. Would look like tapioca pearls on the palm of my hand- or sides of my finger tips. Recently I've had it all over the palms of both hands and its crazy itchy. It appears as small bumps under the skin- then my palms peel- fresh new skin takes its place- after a few weeks it starts all over. Its making me crazy. I plan to talk to my doctor for a steroid cream next week. Good luck.
I have had itchy palmsm mostly on the outside edges of each, for months now. It's every day but no bumps or other evident abrasions, just itchy.  I'm on the computer a lot and I was wondering if there could be any connection between the contact of your palms and the keyboard, you know electrical magnetic fields, and such.....or does that sound totally out in left field and it's just some kind or hormonal thing?
it may have gotten lost in all the responses but i would guess most of you just need tinactin or lotrimin (someone above pointed this out)...go get a spray for jock itch/athletes foot...

yeah getting it on the hands is common and likely not visible at all...just try not to eat after spraying your hands.

(this is for those with no visible symptoms...you guys with weird bumps, i don't know)

No mine's definitely not athlete's foot.  The itching comes and goes and there is no way to tell by looking at my hand that any itchiness is occuring. But you're right....if you have athlete's foot, then Lomatril will get rid of it for good!
Sorry, I meant Lotrimin
THIS IS A FORM OF ECZEMA CALLED DISHYDROSIS - GOOGLE THE IMAGES - TELL ME IF I'M LYING. STEROIDAL CREAMS HELP. I PREFER OLIVE OIL MIXED WITH A LITTLE CALAMIDE - COTTON GLOVES AT NIGHT. I LIVE WITH THIS **** AND HOPEFULLY I'VE GOT IT LICKED FOR AWHILE.
I get this occasionally. Itchy left palm (right handed) or sometimes the feet or ankles...mine seems to be allergy related. One time I broke out in hives all over my hands/feet/legs/arms and they gave me a prescription for Atarax. I still have it...so when I feel the itching start, I take one of those and it goes away....so perhaps you guys should talk to your doctor about getting a prescription for Atarax. It actually happened to me last night and today...both times, took Atarax and it went away.
cALAMINE LOTION - SO HELP ME! EASY - EXFOLIATE WITH IN THE MORNING AND AFTERWARDS ADD AN EXTRA LAYER. BATHE REGULARLY - BUT DON'T SOAK FOREVER OK? LIP BALM FOR MOISTURE IF NEEDED. I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF - I BEAT THIS SH*T. KAWABUNGA!!!
This was a really good hint. At least for me, I'm now thinking that some kind of fibromatosis is in play here. The nodules under the skin, palms and soles involved... Good news is, PABA supplements might help. I'm going to try that and report back. Beats jumping right to surgery or radiation.
After i had my daughter 2yrs ago i started experiencing the same symptoms .very itchy red palms that swell red but in patches not the entire palm. I want to a dermatotigist but they couldnt figure it out , ive also had multiple allergy testings and nothing. Dove soap and cold water seem to help for temporary relief but im telling you the burning and itching is enough to make you wanna scratch your hand raw .
I've just noticed small itchy painless bumps on palm of hands..I scratch them then bumps go away and it turns into what looks like a flaky skin..I've NEVER had any problems like this..could it be from stress and how long should I wait to goto doc?
I FOUND OUT THIS DISEASE!! HERE IS THE ARTICLE< IM COPY AND PASTING BELOW!! HOPE EVERYBODY READS IT!!

What is EM?

Erythromelalgia is a rare and frequently devastating disorder that typically affects the skin of the feet or hands, or both, and causes visible redness, intense heat and burning pain.

The term erythromelalgia describes the syndrome: erythros (redness), melos (extremity) and algia (pain). An alternate name is “erythermalgia” that emphasizes the thermos (heat) – an essential part of the syndrome.

While usually affecting the lower extremities (legs and feet) and upper extremities (arms and hands) other body parts like faces or just ears or the nose may be involved. It usually affects both sides of the body, but can affect just one.

The associated pain and burning sensations can be extremely severe. People with EM often make major adjustments to their lifestyles to avoid flare-ups. Even in mild-to-moderate cases, normal functioning such as walking, standing, working, socializing, exercising, and sleeping may be impaired.

Precipitating factors include warm temperatures and even mild exercise. Cooling the hot body parts relieves the pain, as does elevating the affected areas. [The use of icy water is strongly discouraged as ice can damage the skin. Using a fan or cool water is suggested instead.]

Approximately five percent of those with EM have an inherited condition that research has shown to be caused by genetic mutations. These people usually have other members of their families with the syndrome.

The cause of EM is unknown in the vast majority of cases. Peripheral neuropathies underlie many, and in some cases EM may be secondary to other disorders like the blood disease polycythemia.

A number of different medications have been shown effective in relieving symptoms of EM. However, no one drug helps everyone. Traditional over-the-counter pain medications or stronger prescription drugs help some. Anticonvulsant drugs like Neurontin and Lyrica help others. Certain antidepressants like Cymbalta help still others.  Combinations of drugs also have been reported effective. For instance, Lyrica and Cymbalta, at the lowest possible dosage, have been reported  to be more effective than either drug by itself.

It is recommended that people with EM find a doctor willing to help them pursue a trial-and-error course of treatment. Since some people may be highly sensitive to drugs, initial doses of new medications should be very low.
I found relief for itchy red, raw and  palms.This has been a difficult problem to treat. Taking advise from an older lady was the first step. I soak my hands once or twice daily in very hot water and Epson Salts...(oh what a relief it is) then I use a ointment called NEOSPORIN  ECZEMA ESSENTIALS( I must have up to thirty other ointments that did nothing to help itching and healing). Use the cream up to five or six times a day.(keep your hands moisturized with cream to help healing. I have noticed redness is going away, and the cream does stop the itching....I so hope my comments will help someone.
Itchy palms start each morning upon waking.  It starts with a hint of an itch deep under my skin; no blisters or redness.  And when I scratch it, the itch explores all over my hands, up my fingers, the back of my hands.  The itch is so bad that I am soon biting my hands like a dog bites an itch.  I scratch and bite with my teeth as the itch escalates more and more.  I have heated a plate of water in the microwave and stuck my hand in it.  Eventually, it stops enough where I can regain composure.  

The rest of the day is ok; but it all starts over again the next morning.  Eventually, my hands become swollen, stiff, cracked, bleeding, rough and broken skin. This has been going on for years.  At first only in winter, now all year around.

Recently, the only thing I have found that helps is the essential oil frankincense.  It helps a great deal; but seems to dry my hands out after using it for two or three days.  Which may be a clue?  I hope to keep using it and see it things improve.  I use YoungLiving oil but it is very expensive, but I will pay it for the relief.

I hope this helps.  God bless you.

I hope this helps.  God bless you.
my mom and little bro have the same illness. Basically what happens- is when your under a certain amount of crazy duress- you "break out" . It has to do with great stress and anxiety. Rub bumps with icy butter and try to keep your head level. I suggest mint magic tea and some good music. Don't over think it- and for gods sake- do not buy any prescription drugs.
Tinea corporis  look this up it helps
This could be Primary Biliary Cirrhosis. Get your doctor to do the necessary blood tests.
By reading these comments, I have a feeling it could be one of 2 things: fake silver earrings. I noticed that my ears burned the other day but i ignored it, and now I have the worst red itchy circle on my right palm. Or I have heard that certain antibiotics cause severe itchy red patches on your palm...Hmmm?
Let us know what you find out. You have described exactly what is happening to me right now and has been an issue for a couple of weeks. Its just the one spot on the lower thumb side of my palm and seems to have a clear bump under the skin. It does feel pinchy somewhat when I itch it.
Mine started in jan 2013 after an allergic reaction to an antidepressant I find antihistamine works but when really bad I have steroids from the doctor that takes it right down I'm going to get gloves cos at the moment anything can start them off
Sounds like the same as I have.  The itch is unbearable. Little pin sized bumps.  The skin drys then gets leathery then cracks and peels.  Hurts like a paper cut.  Mine started in June, now in Late October, I'm still breaking out on palms and sides of fingers.  

I'm trying hot then cold packs to get some circulation going.  I'm now taking vitamin E, Zinc, and Vitamin D.  As well as my usual calcium/magnesium.  
I'm hoping this helps. After week one it appears to be healing, but still itching with the feeling of something moving under my skin.  

Please let me know if you find a cure. My prescription of  Triaderm 1% cream did not work for me.
I think it could be associated with touching bare metal that are not painted. Metal tend to cause this type of palm itching. I use alcohol to neutralize the itching and the reaction from the hand exposure/contact to metal object that are not coated or painted. Try 90% alcohol to help stop itching a couple of times a day. Hope this helps.
Possible solution 'tecnu'. I have had this problem for a couple of years. The itch drove me crazy.  Lasted about 3 weeks, would clear up for 1 week and then start over again.  Only on my right palm everytime. Tried everything.  Then about 2 months ago, the 1st day it started, I tried a product I picked up at Walgreens called 'tecnu'.  It was very cheap. Says it is to remove poison oak and ivy oils. Even though I didn't have either of these, I figured I would try it anyway as I exhausted every other solution. Put it on immediately and repeated at the first itch and after 2 days problem was gone and has not come back yet, 2 months later!!! Please try it and let me know if any one out there has success.
the Palms of my hands seem to have tiny red bumbs "inside" and it is seriously " disturbingly" itchy. sometimes it feels like micro needles pricking my palms. Thick layers of skin from the fingertip till the wrist have fallen off ever since I got this particular ailment nearly a month ago. Help is needed here!
Exact same situation I had for a couple of year.  "Tecnu" solved my problem. Haven't got it for almost 3 months now.  See previous post above yours. Let us know if it works for you.
I have had an itchy leathery spot on my right palm for a while now.  It's getting worse.  I use a wireless mouse for many hours each day.  I just realized that it's probably from the constant radiation going straight to that hand.  This is something that doesn't occur to people and that the wireless industry doesn't want to talk about.  But just because it's invisible doesn't mean it isn't powerful.  
Are you still having the problem. I just started having it :( All the sudden my palms get itchy and have red spots beneath the surface. It seems If i grab a fork or something like that to fight  the itch it will subside with a few minutes-1/2 hr. I can't figure it out. I's happening on the soles of my feet too....Thank you for your help.

MJ
Thank you for your comment about Aleve. I have been taking one Aleve at night for Morton Neuroma pain and arthritis pain, and for the last few days have experienced terrible itching on left palm, smaller punt of itching on right palm and some mild itching on soled of feet. I have taken anti-inflammatory meds before, but never experienced these symptoms before. I will stop the Aleve and see whether the itching clears up.
hi I am suffering with the same thing. I got myself  Mylocort from the pharmacy. It seems to ease the itch a bit. I find myself reapplying it often. Hope it helps
I also have this - it's just a skin colored TINY bump barely visable to eye. If anything it could be slightly lighter in color than skin/more whitish. It has itched off and on for at least a year. Sometimes it does not bother me, but then it will flare up - time and time again. Again, it is just one teensie lil bump. Yes the skin is a bit calloused around it now from all the itching. Like others I used sharp items to kill the itch. It is driving me crazy to know what this is. I JUST now cut it open a lil bit with exacto knife just to see what happened. Nothing really - just more calloused deadish type skin. TINY mind you. No other problems with itching any place on body, etc. I just put some apple cider vinegar on it and will see if maybe a miracle happens and that cured it. If not will try cutting open again and use different things in days to come - aloe vera, honey, wart killer - I won't quit trying to kill this whatever it is. Sometimes it feels like something moving in there - very slight -- either that or it's just the sensation. How can one miniscule bump cause me such suffering for so long. I have yet to find answer on this thread, but not finished reading.
Like all other people I came to this blog (a month ago) because I had severe itch on just spot on my left palm but unfortunately I was not able to find any solutions- though this blog helped me relaxed because I am was not alone with this problem.  I did not want to go to my doctor because I knew she would have no answer to this problem. When I could not find any solution to this problem I decided to contact my sister who is a specialist doctor. She told me to txt her some pictures of my palm and I did. She was stunt to see my hand and told me that I have a very bad case of eczema. Then she told me to start using olive oil and some good moisturizing lotions. As I was miserable because of the itch I immediately started using petroleum jelly and olive oil. I mean I starting massaging my hands with half tea spoon petroleum jelly and olive oil at least four times a day. At first nothing happened but after two weeks I started to feel that the itch disappeared from that specific spot to other areas of the hand. This was comforting because it made me realize that my hands were very dry and had bad case of eczema. Now it has been four weeks and my palm is no longer itching… my extremely white bumpy palms are becoming pink again. Today I again sent my palm pictures to my sister and she said my hands are improving…

My sister told me that over use of antibacterial soaps, chemicals, hand sanitizers plus extremely hot water that we use all the time destroy the top protective skin making it easy for bacteria and viruses to attack.

Secondly if some of you are considering carpal tunnel syndrome as one of the causes then start doing exercises. There are awesome exercises posted on you tube. Before this itch started I had the worst case of CTS. I read about it online extensively. I always do this before going to my doctor so that I could ask appropriate question but to my surprise she said it is not carpal tunnel syndrome. She told me that there is no cure and if my pain or tingling worsens then I should take Tylenol. She told me that I would need tests where needles and electric currents will diagnose the problem and then surgery could be the only solution… I called my sister and she told me that it is carpal tunnel syndrome and before doing anything else I should do some exercises. I immediately started doing them and now I am totally cured. No night time tingling painful thumbs and fingers … no day time pain or weakness. I am totally cured though I do not do these exercises as regularly as I should. My doctor is good but as patients we should be conscious too!!!

Therefore please try simple things first and then go ahead and go for all the surgeries and stuff…
But do start with talking to your doctor. I happen to have a sister....
Mine too is hormone-cycle related. I have dermatitis on my face and itching on my hands (backs and palms), but only after I ovulate until I start my period, then it goes away. I am taking Zyrtec each day while the symptoms are present, and it helps a little, but not much.

I have PCOS, and am wondering if this might be just another symptom. Do you or your sisters have poly-cystic ovarian syndrome as well?
Hello all. I have been in this same boat with the red palms that itch have little white bumps at times painful when you itch them. I was told Eczema as well. I was given a script for Clobetasol Propionate Ointment. It helps but it still comes right back. I didn't start this until I was 42 and was going through the change along with clusters of migraines. My migraines are under control but my hands are not. There has to be something out there that can help us. I itch my hands so much at times I break the skin open. This is just crazy. HELP someone please.
Dyshidrotic eczema, or dyshidrosis
Hi I am amazed at how many people have this same condition I have had the itchy palm for a while now it's driving g me crazy it itches then I get the lumps under my skin but the skin is starting to feel very rough on top now as it only happens different times of the day and not all the time I haven't been to the doctors incase he thinks I  going round the twist
does anyone know what I can do to stop the agonising itch I take antihistamines but they do nothing for the itch at all
I've had it mostly on my left hand for two months now always on my left palm and rarely on my right. I've been told about the left hand-right hand itch - money thing... It seems if it's the left you loose money and if it's the right you gain. I don't believe it but it is crazy. I never had this before. Scratching makes it itchier. I thought maybe I'm allergic to the dish detergent (I'm allergic to almost everything and take Zyrtec daily so...) I was going to visit a dermatologist but I see there's not a lot that can be done. I also thought of getting the Benadryl cream or even the burn spray you'd use on a strong sun burn. I also thought that maybe since I stopped going to the gym and since I was a gym rat before maybe just maybe it may be my tendons. I'm going back to the gym as soon as I can to see if through the same exercise I did before this condition will disappear. Idk what else to do.  
Have you found out what causes the itchiness?  I have the exact thing and it's been almost a year!  Thanks!
shopping carts at stores maybe
I have been reading these comments with great interest (as I sit here typing with a cotton glove on my left hand). I suffer from this mysterious and intense affliction too. IT STARTED WHEN I SPENT MY FIRST WINTER IN FLORIDA back in 2007. I go back and forth between FL and NH. When I return to NH, the intense 'palm issue' usually disappears.
I have a few ideas that will cause some of you to shake your head (another conspiracy theorist)... Wakey Wakey!
I won't get into the details but the results... There is a huge amount of ALUMINUM, BARIUM, LEAD, MERCURY and other toxins sprayed/ leaked / dumped into the atmosphere, soil, water. We ingest it through drinking, eating, and we absorb these toxins through our skin and breathing.
Combine that with the use of CELL PHONES and COMPUTERS with NICKEL CADIUM batteries, electromagnetic frequencies, Smart Meters, Cordless phones, towers, satellites, and many more "smart devices", we are constantly bombarded with radioactive frequencies and toxins that manifest in varying ways.
WE ARE CANARIES IN THE COAL MINE. Just because your palms are NOT itching and you ears are NOT ringing does not mean that you are not being harmed. The doctors cannot figure it out because it isn't a simple metal allergy; it is the BUZZ from the new world that we live in and some of us are electromagnetically sensitive.
This is the first time that I've had it persist in NH. I'm a writer and spend the same amount of time on the computer in FL as I do in NH, so since it goes away when I'm in NH, it cannot simply be exposure to the computer. I do notice a lot more activity overhead here in NH with aluminum spraying now (geo-engineering).
I've been studying this and writing about it for a years now, including getting straight information from meteorologists in Florida and then some other environmental watch and study groups.
The best thing for me has been organic coconut oil and a cotton glove. I cut the fingertips out so that I can get things accomplished. (I also sing Michael Jackson songs trying to make light of a horrible condition).
I am also a wildcraft herbalist and I harvest, make, and take detoxifying tinctures, herbs, and teas... this is a difficult condition.

(I'm a wildcraft herbalist as well).
The suffering should end for us. Hugs to all... the itching cannot be explained unless one has been scratching. It is misery. <3
Ask the Dr about Dyshidrotic eczema, or dyshidrosis.
This thread has expanded to a broad range of dermal issues but let's please stick to the original symptom: an itchy spot on a palm.  I'm a 55 y.o. nonsmoking guy with no hormonal problems or piercings that I know of and I've had this small itchy patch intermittently on my right palm for several years now, no redness, but periodically, a few small watery bumps-- similar looking to poison ivy bumps but smaller and very localized.  Haven't seen my M.D. about it because I had a different rash once and she was useless.
I should mention I'm a veterinary technician and am exposed to many animals (some with zoonotic diseases) and a wide range of chemicals, cleaners, drugs and instruments.  Also latex gloves, which someone's post has me "itching" (ha ha) to test-- although why would the symptoms be only my right hand when I wear gloves on both hands?
I've had sarcoptic mange ("scabies"), ringworm, and even lymphadenitis ("cat scratch fever") and this itchy palm is none of them. Oh, also, I live in the San Fran Bay Area--very dry climate.
Then I remembered that I was given some change today-- something that doesn't happen so often in this day of plastic currency-- and when someone gives you change and you're right-handed, you take it in your right hand, yes?  And put it in your right pocket-- if you're a guy, anyway.  Is nickel allergy starting to sound like a possibility?   I'll test it by rubbing some nickels in my LEFT hand-- I'll post back here any results; yeah, a lot of folks here say that and never do, but I'll try.
Some of you ladies have mentioned itchy soles as well: I believe many women wear shoes without socks (something I never do), and the leather on your pumps may be treated with chromium, magnesium, aldehydes and God knows what else, so consider that when self-diagnosing.  Or perhaps the little shoe nails have nickel in them?
My other suspicion is that it's some type of herpes, because of its persistence and intermittence. This is what doctors are thinking when they say there's "no cure".
I'd consider a gluten or yeast allergy, or even a stress-related autoimmune deficiency a distant third possibility, but the itch seems awfully localized for that, I think.
And as for those of you considering getting carpal tunnel surgery for your itchy hand, just remember: it was an orthopedic surgeon who recommended THAT as a cure, so keep that in mind before you help him out with that new addition to his mcmansion he's been wanting.
Dyshidrotic eczema, or dyshidrosis
Well, it wasn't a nickel allergy, I held some coins in my left hand for an hour and nothing happened.  And it's not a latex allergy to the surgical gloves I sometimes wear- on BOTH hands.   I'm leaning towards some kind of herpes-like virus that specializes in palms.  I bet not enough people have complained about this relatively minor problem to their doctors to warrant any research into it.  There could be a whole new species of virus hats making us all have itchy hands that no one's ever studied.  So at least there's that for all you sufferers out there.  I hope someone finds a cute some day; until then, keep on scratchin'!
Me too. my palm on my right hand itches at night no bites, what not, no new baby to come?  let me know
Dyshidrotic eczema, or dyshidrosis
Hi! I'm 14 this year. The itching has been going on for 4 days. There are many small colourless dots on my right palm. Some dots are starting to form on my left palm. There are some on both of my feet. It's very very itchy. Nothing seems to help. I hate it a lot. Is there any cure??? I don't want any of my friends to see it. It's very very disgusting. I kept scratching it but it doesn't burst at all. It's  like many small mosquito bites. Seems to be getting worst each day.
Dyshidrotic eczema, or dyshidrosis
I believe some of us should look into erythromelalgia.  it starts with itchyness on the palms and feet and progress to sort of a burning pain.  
Itchy palms, with or without tiny hard bumps will arise within minutes to hours of eating sweets. I also get it on both inner thighs. It's sugar & also artificial sweeteners. Sucrose triggers it just as much as real sugar. It goes away when I stop eating sweets entirely. Doctors do know but don't want to lose their business nor to face patients reactions to being told they need to give up sweets as they age. Food manufacturers also have unlimited control over what we consumers get to know and do not want to lose their business. Even God's own fruits can cause it although not as bad and it usually takes a lot of fruit. Although 2 oranges together also gave me a flare up; so I've cut out citrus. When I was young my body could handle it. But as I age my body reacts strongly to high blood sugar. Take your pulse right after you eat 1 food and if your pulse goes up 6 beats per minute, you are allergic to that food.
I stopped eating sweets on friday no breads no tortillas no milk no sodas no juices. Salad inrake kale all fruit blueberries cherries extra veggie lots of water no steak lean chicken fish vitamins and added cardio regiment in the am and before i sleep. Its been 6 days strict and developing rash all over body feet feels like athletes foot waist rash scalp oilier rash fingers by knuckles puffy itchy swollen and palm a line that runs from pinky to thumb i scratch line and unbearable itch persist , my inner wrist left hand like below pink unbearable itch any siggestions?