Ihing itching and crawling and bite on my skin, but cannot see anything...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Ihing itching and crawling and bite on my skin, but cannot see anything.

Itching terrible with occasional crawly feeling across different parts of my body.  Had lice regiment, prescribed, didn't stop the itching or crawling feeling keep having this feeling like there's something in my skin, can't see anything and always looking when feeling crawling/itching.  One particular time there was a bite that was painful on back close to the nape of my neck, too where i said, "ouch" big bite.   Oh, and the family dog, which has been and kept clean by dog solutions, is scratching too much, has been to doctor/vet and had shots plus check up everything is good with her.  She's an inside dog too.  Help please!  
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there!
Scabies is the strongest possibility in your case. If topical applications are ineffective an oral tablet of Ivermectin may be prescribed. Other possibility is formication.which means feeling of insects crawling under the skin. The causes of formication are onset of menopause, diabetic neuropathy, skin cancer, syphilis, Lyme disease or zoster. It can also be aside effect of Ritalin,Lunesta,cocaine or amphetamines etc.It is best to get yourself evaluated by a physician .I sincerely hope it helps.
Take care and regards!
Hi Dr. Sharma,
thank you for responding to my question.   I have gone BACK to see the doctor, and what they gave me was Lice regiment, I didn't mention this in my note, but did see a white round thing/s in the front of hair line.   But, even after applying the solution there were still crawly things moving across my feet, quickly, and I was in a place called Staples at the time.   So, I wasn't in grass or anything like that.  The doctor gave me more cream to use 5% Permethrin and tablets Hydroxyzine 25mg for scabies, so it looks like he covered all systems, side effects?   Sleepy.  So, anyway,  shall let a-few days pass using the cream and tablet, the scratching really got crazy when the heat or temperature got warmer, I would itch all over my face, felt like it exploded.        If you have any -more suggestions please feel free to add.
Thank you sooo much Dr. Sharma, you have a great evening or afternoon depending on where you are. :)  
Dorothy.