Im 22 with a fine line on my forehead!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Im 22 with a fine line on my forehead!

I'm 22 years old and I was wondering what I can do to prevent lines from showing up on my face. I already have a fine line across my forehead and I've been using a daily mosturizer from oil of olay, and at night I'm using a generic firming cream. The firming cream does not say whether to use it night or day. I also wash my face every evening with the mild neutrogena face wash. It's always worked very well for me and kept my face clear of acne. Anyway I've been using the moisturizer's for about 3 weeks now and I haven't noticed any results. I can't afford to buy a face firming cream that's expensive. I also want something that is healthy for my skin, not something that is just going to temporarily reduce fine lines. I want affordable lasting results. Please help!!
-6 Comments Post a Comment
Avatar_dr_f_tn

You are making the right steps.You are still young and it is very essential to continue moisturizing.It is to be noted however,that you be careful in  selecting your moisturizers.Hypoallergenic and organic products will be very helpful.Avoid scented and colored ones.

You may try using Vitamin E creams everyday and before sleeping at night. A sunblock with at least SPF 15 may be used.If your job entails that you use the computer for prolonged periods,the heat radiating from your computer may also damage the skin.So aside from moisturizing,wear sunblock at all times. Drink plenty of water and get adequate amount of rest.
Are there any creams or moisturizes that you would recommend. I don't think my creams are sented, they smell good to me but I'm not sure. How do I tell? Thank you so much for your help!

My dermatologist told me that the only thing that actually gets rid of wrinkles is Retin-A (available only through a prescription).  Anything else on the market is simply a waste of time.  You can buy over-the-counter (OTC) products - but essentially all they really do is keep your skin 'moisturized' or hydrated so there is less chance that you get wrinkles or the wrinkles do not become more pronounced/deep.  

Some OTC products have Retinol in them which comes from the same family as Retin-A and helps reduce wrinkles somewhat (if you're not looking for something really expensive or a prescription).  But even with Retinol, she said that it can't be on the VERY bottom of the ingredients list.  

I checked it out myself and there are some inexpensive creams with Retinol in them or a similar form of it - for example Oil of Olay.

And always wear at least SPF 30! That's what my dermatologist told me.  SPF 15 is too low nowadays.  Plus, Retinol and a lot of sun don't mix.  

Hope this helps!