Immune system causing rash on face?
See beside photo- I have had this rash appearing on my face for a few years now. It appears around my mouth, chin, and sometimes in patches on my cheeks. It is not rosacea. I have spent lots of money going to many dermatologists and they have no idea what it is. They/ I think it may flare up be my immune system when it's down, but are there any treatments I could use to help stop these random outbreaks? I use eczema cream, moisturizer, lip creams etc... My lips suffer it the worst with the rash being there 6/7 times a week. The rash is dry, and sometimes itchy and irritated because of the dryness. Thank you if you can help!
These symptoms can be due to eczema or atopic dermatitis. Although steroids, are commonly used for the treatment of atopic dermatitis, there are certain other agents also which are used like immune modulator drugs e.g. tacrolimus. These are available in the form of ointments and tend to prevent the recurrence. You can discuss with your dermatologist regarding the right use.

There are certain other non-pharmacological measures which are equally important in treating atopic dermatitis. These are Lubricating the skin frequently, avoiding harsh soaps and cleansers, preventing scratching or rubbing whenever possible, protecting skin from excessive moisture, irritants, and rough clothing, maintaining a cool, stable temperature and consistent humidity levels, limiting exposure to dust, cigarette smoke, pollens, and animal dander & Recognizing and limiting emotional stress.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for replying!