Increased itching at night
I have a faint rash with increased itching at night. Initially the rash wasn't visible.  I was experiencing itching and my skin was slightly flushed when touching it (similar to when being out in the sun). I've been dealing with this for 3 months and my boyfriend has experienced this also for a few weeks longer. It seems to be isolated between the two of us, none of my children or family that has stayed at my home have experienced this and he lives alone. We have both noticed that the itching begins in the early to mid evening and sometimes there is some bruising where the rash is. We have both seen doctors and they are at a loss as well. I've tried steroid cream and now am taking oral steroids (for the past 1 1/2 weeks) Do you have any ideas of what this may be?
From the symptoms the possibilities of fungal infections and scabies need to be ruled out. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

I suggest you to get a biopsy skin done to confirm the diagnosis from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have been to the Dr. and he said that it wasn't scabies, although he didn't complete the skin test. There also isn't anything between my fingers,as I've been told it generally is there with scabies. I'll ask him about the skin test. Thanks
I happen to itch here n there on my body during the day light when night falls ready for sleep it seems to get worse I tried allergy pills,steroid creams,an changin clothes etc but not nothing works. I have a wife an 3 kids. They dont seem to be bothered or itchy just me ..why why going on 5 months now. I live in New Mexico. No problem there but relocated here to Canada..now I'm itchy ..can't seem to sleep at night an Really really bothers me. I have somewhat Dr says eczema on my hands...which was also itchy . My inner thigh legs stomach an lil back itch but mainly thigh an inner an stomach Areas. I really don't know what it is ..geeeeeeeze AWFULL feeling