Incurable rash
I have dealt with a rash on my ankle for over a year now, and I have been to several doctors and tried several products in the hopes of getting it to go away with no success. I first noticed it after a camping trip, and I have tried the following products - Caladryl, Tea Tree Oil, Foot fungus sprays, calamine lotion, antibiotic ointments and even (only for 2 days and no, I won't be trying it again) bleach. Nothing can touch it. And it itches fiercely. I'm not looking for a cure on the internet, but I would like to know if anyone has ever encountered such a rash and found any success with treating it. I am including two links to pictures of the rash - One was taken several months ago and the other just now. I appreciate any and all input on this subject, thank you!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f147/Sherjo311/2010-04-08153517.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f147/Sherjo311/IMG_20101209_204823.jpg

As you can see, it has spread a bit, but not much and it does so very slowly. The second picture makes it appear glossy, and that it because there is a layer of caladryl on it to relieve itching.
BUMP
From the symptoms eczema and lichen simplex chronicus needs to be ruled out. Wash the areas several times with fresh water and do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

Also use mild steroid cream after consulting your doctor.
If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I had an examination of my rash performed shortly before Christmas, and was diagnosed with Lichen Simplex Chronicus. Prior to that, I had no idea what it was. I appreciate the response, it's been difficult dealing with this rash for the 1+ year that I've had it. I have been using a steroid cream (can't remember the name), and the results have been dramatic in a very short time. Hopefully, this is the last entry in my journal chronicling my persistent, tempermental rash.

Nostravii!

Great to hear that the diagnosis has been confirmed. Wishing you a speedy recovery.