Indentation

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Indentation

I have an indentation in the skin of my right buttock that suddenly appeared. It is a depressed area, which is approx. 1-inch in diameter, slightly bluish, somewhat painful if I press on it, and feels as if there is no fatty tissue underneath the skin. It may be 1/2 inch deep, hard to assess.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be a bruise or muscle injury. The blood under the skin which causes the discoloration of bruising should be totally reabsorbed by the body in three weeks or less.
Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.Also wear cotton undergarments.Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful.If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.