Infant Face Rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Infant Face Rash

My 8 week old infant has developed a facial rash. I have scoured the internet for possible solutions but have come up with nothing. It is not a common infant rash like eczema, impetigo, roseola, miliaria, acne, etc. During her second week of life she developed thrush in her mouth. I had a yeast infection a few weeks before giving birth and had thought it had gone away but apparently not and she developed thrush via delivery.
My doctor gave me a prescription for diflucan for me to take orally for ten days and her face seemed to get better while I was taking it. She was getting it through my breast milk. I stopped taking them when they ran out and it has come back. I wasn't sure if yeast could cause a facial rash? It looks like a dry red irritated rash. It gets worse when she gets hot, gets milk on her face, etc. I wash her face often but it doesn't improve as well as try different lotions to moisturize/dry it out. Nothing seems to help.
At such a young age, eczema skin is one such possibility which needs to be ruled out. Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Allergic reaction can occur to strong soaps, Solvents, chemicals, certain foods, food additives, plants, metals, cosmetics etc.

To confirm the diagnosis I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.