Dermatology Expert Forum
Infant Penile Swelling
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Infant Penile Swelling

We just noticed a day and or 2 ago that the soft tissue between the crown of the penis and the shaft area of my infant of three and 1/2 weeks old has become swollen.  The crown of the penis also seems slightly blue, although any color change is marginal.  We had him circumcised 2 days after birth, and he was doing fine.  After two weeks of A & D ointment his penis looked great.  It has only been recently that the soft tissue between the head and shaft has become swollen.  The baby does not appear in any discomfort, only his parents.    

He currently has thrush, and displays a white tongue in the mouth, which we are treating with the contents of 1/2 acidiphilous capsules spread on the mouth once a day.

Any suggestions, we are going to see a doctor later on today if possible.