Dermatology Community
Infected Hair Follicles on Face
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Infected Hair Follicles on Face

Dear Doctor,
    I used Lamisil Antifungal Cream on my face a few weeks ago. Maybe 4 to 6 weeks. I used it on my own accord for a skin problem I thought I had. The hair follicles on my face are swollen. Just the hair follicles. But after I used it I saw the directions said "dont use on or near the mouth". Since then I have found that my lips are very dry. They turn white if I dont use lip balm of some sort. I am constantly licking my lips. My tongue also feels different. Almost as if I ate to many sour balls. I've learned not to self medicate. I was wondering if this will be permanent or temperary? What could be the problem with my face? I'm sure its from shaving. Not the cream. I have tried hydrocortisone 1%, clindamycin topical 1% and doxycycline hyclate - all prescribed by doctors. None have really worked.Thank you for your time. I hope to here from you soon.  
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
The symptoms of lips do not seem to be related to the application of the cream. It sounds like cheilitis. Avoid licking the lips as saliva evaporates quickly resulting in them being drier than before. Drink plenty of water and take multivitamin supplements and do not apply lipstick or other cosmetic products for some days. Use a humidifier to moisturize the air in your home and apply shea butter or Vaseline on your lips.

If the condition still persists or there is deep cracking in the region of your mouth, then please consult your doctor as it can be due to infection(Angular Cheilitis).Antibiotics are needed in such cases.

Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank