Infected No See Um bites on scalp

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Infected No See Um bites on scalp

Hello, I have about 50 no see um bites on my scalp. They start as a tiny red bump, then turn into sores that scab over. They itch and burn. I have had them for over 5 weeks and they won't all heal. I was eaten up again yesterday and my whole scalp is throbbing. I did see a doctor who prescribed docycycline, but it doesn't seem to be helping. For some reason they like my head. On some of the spots that have healed I have pink scars and it doesn't look like my hair is going to grow back in the spots. They are all along my part line. I am a 44 yr old women. Any advice on how to heal these horrible bites would be greatly appreciated.
I did buy a shirt called the original bug shirt to try and prevent any more bites. I'm afraid to go outside for fear of more bites.
Thanks,
Sheri
if you get a reply please could you send me the solution it sounds like im going through the same thing
Hi, My head was really throbbing when I tried to sleep last night. I got kind of desperate. I have some other health problems that cause me to have chronic fatigue symdrome among other things, I had purchased this juice from a friend who swears it will cure anything. I honestly have not been drinking it like I'l supposed to so I can't tell it it helps or not, but I poured some in a small bowl last night and doused all my sores with it using a cotton ball. I looked like hell, but hey, when in pain I didn't care. When I got up this morning the sores are actually drying up. The pain is down by about 65%. I washed my hair, but I am going to try it again tonight. The juice is called Mango Juice. The kind I have is by Zango. I am going to start drinking my 3oz a day now too. Who knows, maybe I will feel better. I hope that you can find it or something similar where you live. Try to google Zango and see what you come up with. Let me know how you do.
Sheri
Hi, I hope you got my previous post. You say you have thinning hair, is it just where the bites are? I have pick spots where some of my bites are healing where it looks like my hair isn't going to grow back. Does this sound like what you have? Also, my husband just had are screens rescreened with a tighter weave that prevents no see ums from getting in. It cost us 25.00 per window which was well worth every dime. We don't have AC and need our windows open in the summer.
Let me know how you're doing.
Sheri
Sherry, your a Zango Distributer. Your being very dishonest with these people.