Infected Razor Burn / Ingrown hair??

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Infected Razor Burn / Ingrown hair??

I recently shaved my pubic area, after about a day I noticed a bunch of small white bumps that are very solid to the touch. While washing in the shower I hooked one by accident and irritated it and now it looks like a blood blister and is very painful to touch. Also I developed two small pimple like bumps that after a while seemed to be ingrown hairs but became infected and turned purple. Any ideas if it is anything more than just typical infected razor burn and ingrown hair?
I have the same problem I shaved with a new razor and a day later I notice white bumps. I picked it an it got worse. then it spread around now I'm scared that I got an std I have white bumps an red ones an it hurt an itched really bad. I can't help Bt pick at it so I'm maken it worse. How do u get rid of it an do u think its herpes?
The symptoms that you are having are due to boils or abscess. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. Shaving is one of the reasons for irritation of the hair follicles.

Apply warm compresses on the bumps and keep the area clean. Drainage of the bump is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription. Till then apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.