Infected hair follicles

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Infected hair follicles

Has anyone encountered consistent infected and inflamed facial hair follicles? They seem to be spreading and all have a hardened, clear substance at the base of the hair follicle like a jelly. They are driving me insane and they will not go away. I have tried a few remedies with no success. I eagerly await any advice.

Thanks, Chris
i tried oral steroids witch when i stopped using made it 100 times worse! its all over my chin spreading pimples up the sides of my mouth! and its starting to scab! i went to the clinic and was prescribed antibiotics! im on my second day of them and so far no response! but ill have to wait and see!
First let me say I like to pop pimples on my spouse. One perticular pimple I avoided one on his face. You were able to feel the mass underneath his skin but no opening. This is why I always looked at it and told him he needed to get it checked out. Well fast forward ten years to us being married. Well two days ago the mass decided it was ready to emerge from his skin. It burst like a normal pimple all the stuff you would expect right well I was worried and finally he took my advise. He went to VA they spliced it dug around and told him that it was just puss. What caused it to flare up many reasons. Well they wanted him to drain it by packing it. Well today he was changing the dressing and trying to drain the site. Well I offered to squeeze. Well it appeared I squeezed out a hollowed vain, I freaked out and was like "Lets put it back in" He was all calm and cool. He called the VA and they said it may be normal when he got there they pulled on it and "pops" out the sac. They never saw it so big! Now I no longer see pimples the same. Oh yeah it did not leave a huge gaping hole in his face like we thought.  Another thing my spouse always use facial clippers. So, for those who thought this only happens with razors.